Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 34-Transfer 4

6/4/2013



Alooooohaaa!

Aloha familia!
What a horse for Alexa???!!! That is the best prescription ever!!!!! So fun! And I'm so excited for Tonya and Kyle to move to Utah! By the way, I was never told...am I having a niece or a nephew?? I can't believe it is already June! So crazy! I really feel like it was just barely December!

So news for transfers......................................I'm going out full proselyting! I was not expecting it at all and am kinda overwhelmed now. I will be going to the Kahala area which is in Honolulu. Hermana Rodriguez should be excited cause that's the area that she was in! I guess that's turned into the "Hermana" area;). I don't know who my companion will be but I will find out in transfer meeting on Wednesday. It is going to be so strange because we are getting 7 new sisters here at the VC and I won't know any of them when I come back! I am kinda sad because Sister Jones and I only got to be in this area for 3 weeks! I was just saying yesterday how much I LOVE our wards and the people here! I love teaching the Marshallese so much! Tom finally set a date to get baptized on June 15th and Nercy is soooo close! I am really sad that I will miss their baptisms and I won't be able to teach them any longer but I am so grateful to have had the chance to teach them! They are all so humble and fun and it has been so fun to learn bits of Marshallese:) They all get big smiles and shout "Iakwe!" When they see us. Yesterday we got to tell them the story of Ammon and King Lamoni and Aaron and King Lamoni's father because that is what they are learning about in their Book of Mormon class that they are taking. They all decided that they really like Ammon a lot and were really in to the story. It was so cute:) 

It's amazing how the Lord works and blesses us. I am so grateful that I got to be with Sister Jones for this short period of time. I have been learning so much more about relying on the Lord. It was hard because of me being sick for those few days and then Sister Jones injured her neck at the beginning of this week and she could not move for 3 or 4 days. I got the privilege of helping her the way you helped me mom, after my surgery last year;) It was difficult being stuck in the apartment for that long and Satan tried really hard to discourage us. However, as soon as we could we went right back to work and received so many blessings and miracles! People we had been trying to get a hold of for days were finally home and we were able to make several appts. And then there are the wonderful Marshallese who are all growing in the gospel and so ready to learn. Heavenly Father has really strengthened me this transfer so much! I am a bit nervous for the big changes but I am excited as well. I know that is where the Lord wants me and that is all that is important. 

So just so everyone knows, don't send anything to the Visitor Center any more. Send it to the Mission Office and it will get to me. That address is:

1500 S Beretania St Ste 416
Honolulu, HI 96826

I love you all so much! I know I say it all the time but you are the best family ever! I still pray for you every day and I will pray harder this week for Alexa. Sounds like she is going to be having a rough time of it. 
Thank you so much! I love you all! 

Les Quiero!

Hermana Rowley

So this is me and Sister Jones and the food is fish that the Marshellese men caught and the women cooked and fed to us...yes it is still looking at us and yes I ate it and told them that I loved it...it was...fishy...














No comments:

Post a Comment