Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Week 33-Transfer 4



 5/27/13

Aloooooooohhhhhhhhhaaaaa!


Aloha familia! 
This week has seemed pretty long for me too. I love all the pics you send!!!!! Alex is sooooo cute and I brag about him to everyone! I want so bad to be able to cuddle him! Make sure to give him a big kiss from me ok?! That picture of Alexa and Chelsea is so cute as well! What beautiful sisters I have! I love and miss you all so much! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!!!!!!! Did you get my card that I sent? I thought it was pretty cute and all the little girls made me think of you for some reason:) So excited to hear about Tonya and Kyle! That will be sooooo fun!!! So, thanks for the offer for sunscreen:) I think I will be ok now though. The other day sister Mark looked at me and said, "oh Hermana, why are you so red?!" I told her that that is what happens when they take me out of a cubicle and make me walk all over Laie in the blazing sun:) It is turning into a tan now though:) I'll have to take a picture of my "mission tattoo" the tan that comes from the sandals that they give us here:) Only in Hawaii:) 

This week has been full of trying to contact people and teaching lessons. We literally have been running from appointment to appointment. There are a few people that we haven't been able to meet cause we cannot catch them at home or they don't show up to their appointments but we are still trying. We have been teaching the Marshallese the most. Tom and Nercy in particular. It is pulling teeth to get them to show up at church! Not because they don't want to go, but because it is at 8 in the morning and they have such a hard time getting up that early. We got Nercy there by arranging a ride and then calling her in the morning to make sure she was ready. She said she enjoyed it so we will see how this pans out. 

We did find out that they LOVE "I am a child of God" I was on exchanges with sister Ogawa and we decided to sing that for them the other day because they were so busy with midterms and we didn't want to interrupt them too much so we just sang and prayed and they just went on and on about how amazing that song was! Funny how a little primary song can make such an impact. 

That day with sister Ogawa was really great too cause we got to use her car and we visited so many more people! We went to this one house with this less active and as we were walking out it started raining really hard. A member nearby asked if we needed a ride and I turned and said, "no that's ok, our cow is down the road. Well, car! I mean car!" haha, we were laughing so hard and the member just looked at us weird and said "ok, have a good day." Sister Ogawa was like, "ok Sister Rowley, let's go get in our cow now so we don't get wet!" :D 

Sister Jones and I are really getting along so well and it has been so good working in this area where we have so much to do. Thankfully my sickness only lasted those two or three days. Things at the visitor center are going well also. Problem is, since I am no longer an online sister, I don't have as much time to contact all our investigators! We definitely need more hours in the day! I did find out that Kishore, one of the investigators from India that Sister Mckeever and I had found on chat, was just baptized on Tiffany's birthday! The 25th! So exciting! He also got the call as a Sunday School teacher and he is so happy to be a member of the church! I also just received an email from Brandon. He is in New Jersey now with his family and was asked by the Stake President to speak at there Stake conference! He said that he got to bear his testimony with his whole family there and it was such a good experience! 

I am still loving this work! It is amazing to me how I can still be learning so much! I got a chance to kind of use my Spanish this week since they have been doing construction on our pad and all the workers are Spanish. I was doing my language study one of the days, reading out of the Book of Mormon when one of the workers said, "Sister, your speaking Spanish...Why?" After that all of them started speaking to us:) A lot of them were not members so it was kinda fun to be able to talk to them a bit. 

I love you all so much! You are all such great examples to me and I am so grateful! I miss you all an continue to pray for you always! 

Les Quiero,

Hermana Rowley (Shayla)


Thanks so much for telling me about Alexa's blessing! I can't wait to hear more! That is so cool! As for food that I miss, I really miss your enchaladas but don't send those it just won't be the same:) I'll wait till I get home for those:) The sandals I have are just fine so no need for those. I honestly don't know what to ask for my bday! If P90X is not too expensive, that's the only thing I could think of that I would like. I am going to return half of those close cause I really don't need them and the skirt is slightly tight and I don't feel good about spending that much on something that is too small. Hopefully I will be able to go to Ross soon! I do have a bunch of warts that I am getting sick of. I am going to look at foodland to see if they have a remover that would be affordable but I don't know. I just want to get rid of them. I would love any of the pictures that you have been sending me! I put them in my book that I have here and show them off to everyone. I love you so much mom! I miss you so much as well! Thank you for being the best mom ever! 

love, Shayla

No comments:

Post a Comment