Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 44-Transfer 6



Aloooooha!
8/12/13

Aloha familia,
Wow what a week you had! Sounds pretty crazy over there. I laughed so hard about dads comment about staying up all night:) Hope you and Tonya were able to have fantastic birthdays anyhow:) Thats so cool to me that Tonya and Kyle and their family are there in Utah with you all! I'm sure I will stalk up on those stickers before I come home mom. Haha:) You would do something like that:) But that is why I love you:) So I hope you have enjoyed the random text photos you get from everyone here:) They think it is so fun that they can text you while we are sitting there. Last night that was sis. Akiona and her family. They are so fun and probably one of the funnest families to eat dinner with. I got a picture but I forgot my cord so I will have to send them next time. 

Thanks for all your prayers. We also had an extra fast yesterday for that purpose of finding more people to teach. We did get one of our old investigators back which was an awesome miracle, but that's about it. But you know what, even with the lack of new solid investigators, we are seeing so many random little miracles here. I think I told you about Raven at some point, how he went to church for about 5 years straight and then because of different things, was unable to be baptized. Well one of those was his family. He has a beautiful family with 2 boys and their mother who he loves so very much. Only problem is, he is not married to their mother. She doesn't want to marry him cause she doesn't want to get married just so he can be baptized. She has something against the church that we can guess at but no one has really been able to get to her. Well, this week, we went by to go see Raven (We always have to just go whenever cause he never will set an apt. with us) and Amy (his girlfriend) was the only one home. At first we were nervous but then we started talking to her. The spirit was so strong as we talked, neither of us were completely sure what to say to her but whatever we said really touched her. She shared some personal reasons with us why she wasn't interested and we were able to testify to her about how much her Heavenly Father loves her and her family. It was just another baby step, but it is so cool to see the Lord working with that family. I may not be able to see them baptized but someday they will be and I will be so happy I got be a part in it. I love that family so much and Sister Gleason and I both feel that they are so close to getting past whatever is holding them back! 

Marie is still doing great! She is so funny and loves to tease us. She calls Sis. Gleason "you again!" and me, "Cohort" haha. She reminds me of you in some ways mom:) She is very motherly. This week we have been looking for different ways to work with the ward to get more investigators. We have really been focusing on serving as much as we can and asking EVERYONE for referrals. If nothing else, I'm glad I got this practice in. I feel like my experiences here are really helping me to become a better missionary. I still feel like I have so much to work on. Every day I find something else that humbles me and makes me realize how much I really do need to rely on the Lord because, shootz, without him, I am really weak. I have so many weaknesses! But this is a good time to put Ether 12:27 to the test. If I come unto the Lord, he will show me my weaknesses so that I may be humble. However, he has promised to make weak things become strong and so that is what I am counting on:) I am so grateful for the Atonement! I know that my Heavenly Father really does love each one of us so much! We are all on different levels and we all have different strengths and weaknesses, but we are all striving for the same goal and Heavenly Father cheers us on every step that we make. I tell my investigators this all the time but I guess that it is good that I get to experience it even moreso first hand.

I love you all so much! I can't believe I just hit my 10 month mark on Saturday! I feel like I just told you about my 9 month mark! I am so grateful for my mission and everything that it is teaching me! I love you all and pray for you always! 

Les Quiero muchisimo!
Hermana Rowley (Shayla)



No comments:

Post a Comment