Monday, October 8, 2012

Mission Call

Dear Sister Rowley, You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission. In addition to your calling to share the gospel, you will be assigned to serve in the Laie Hawaii Temple Visitors' Center. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.

Wow! Perhaps extremely unexpected, yet now I can say that this mission call is greatly anticipated! Although, who would have thought Spanish in Hawaii!!! My mission call was received at the end of August and now, after about a month and a half to prepare, I am getting ready to leave in two days! I am so excited to be going back to the same area where I was living at BYU-Hawaii just 2 years ago! People keep reminding me that I won't get to get in the water, but that honestly doesn't bother me too much. I know how beautiful everything is on land and I am content to enjoy that:) I really am going to the most beautiful place on earth! I also already LOVE the Laie Temple! I was never able to go there when I lived there because it was still under reconstruction, but I loved walking on the temple grounds and passing by it on my afternoon runs. It is so beautiful and I am so excited to be able to be there every day. Also, and I kid you not, I am going to get to wear a mumu and sandals while serving at the visitors center!

Things have been pretty hectic here as you may guess but I have grown and been blessed so much, just through the preparation. I have been working on finishing the Book of Mormon and my testimony for it has just grown tenfold! I had the opportunity to go through the temple the week after I got my call and I have learned, that is the greatest blessing of them all! I love the temple and the blessings that come with it! I'm so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment