Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Week 15-Transfer 1

Hola y Aloha!
Oy ve! I sure do wish I could send all the blessings I'm getting here home to you! I need to start upping my prayers I guess. I love you all so much and I'm so sorry it's so hard right now! I'm sending all my love with this email though ok?  I am just so thankful that you have raised us the way you have because when a trial like this comes by we are able to grow closer as a family. Because of that, we have definitely been prepared for the trials we go through. I love you so much!!!!!

Brandon is doing great. He has fellowshiped himself into the ward and I'm pretty sure he invited the whole town to his baptism. For one lesson, we gave him the plan of salvation pamphlet and the next lesson he ended up teaching us the PoS! He pretty much had the whole thing memorized! His faith is really growing and he is so excited for his baptism on Sat. and was super stoked when we told him he could go on a mission in a year. He says that everybody needs to hear about this and that he wants to share it with everyone! So we are pretty excited about that.

Yesterday, we received another miracle. Someone called us and left a message saying that his girlfriend wanted to get baptized. We called him back and he said how she had been taking the discussions in another state but then went back home to Columbia to visit her family (another Spanish speaker) before she was able to get baptized so now she wants to review all the lessons and be baptized! We teach her for the first time tomorrow.

I never did make that plastic bag but I did see Brittany Gearhart and Kylee Moe. It is kinda weird seeing so many people I know. It was good to be able to give them a hug though. I also met one of Grandma Rowley's cousins or something like that. I don't remember her name but she said that she is really good friends with Grandma and Grandad and that people used to tell Grandma and her they looked like twins.

I'm getting kinda sad and nervous cause Hermana Rodriguez leaves me on Tyson's birthday, Feb. 6. I've really gotten close with Hermana and am really gonna miss her! Not only that though, her leaving means that I'm the only Spanish speaker here! I honestly don't know how I'm gonna do it but I guess I need to be thrown in the deep end sometime. I love you so much and I am praying for you so much! The Lord has promised to bless you all in my blessings I've received for my mission so everything is going to be ok. Just like I stress to my investigators and to myself all the time, the atonement isn't for when everything is fine and dandy, it's for when things get tough and we can't make it on our own. The atonement is to heal us and change our hearts to become like Heavenly Father's.
Thank you for all your strength, love and support. It really does strengthen me everyday.

Les Amo Mucho!!!!!
Hermana Rowley (Shayla)

No comments:

Post a Comment