Monday, April 8, 2013

Week 26-Transfer 3

Aloha y hola!

Yes, 2 more days till my 6 mth mark! Oh my goodness how time flies! Thank you so much Chelsea for your package!!!! I got it today and it made me sooooo happy! How clever of you:) You pretty much hit all of the best treats ever! Thanks so much! Thanks Tiffany for all the
pictures as well! Isaac is getting so big! so are you it looks like:)
I don't remember if you told me but when is your due date? Yes mom, I did love the package. I forgot to tell you last time but I love the bag! Sis. Moultrie, one of our senior couples, said she loves it so much and when I told her I got it from my mom for Easter she asked if
my mom wanted another daughter. haha, she's so cute:) Hey, I was wondering if maybe I could get some recipes, like for French Toast, Lasagna, and easy stuff like that;) I think I should give my wonderful companion a break once in a while and show her I know how to do a little more than the dishes:). And also, I keep forgetting to tell you but everybody needs to look up "Hawaii Temple Visitor Center" official page on facebook and like it:) You can see our latest picture on that too:).


So General Conference was amazing! I was watching it at the same time as you (6AM for us:)) And I thought of you the whole time:). I don't think it has ever been so anticipated and so short before though! Seriously, it was like Christmas to us! I don't think I have ever been so captivated by all of the speakers like that. They truly are
witnesses of Jesus Christ and speak the words of God. I too loved Elder Hollands talk. Is it just me or does he get more and more powerful every time he speaks! I think one of my favorites was Pres. Monson. I think that this transfer, I am finally gaining that testimony of obedience that I always wished I had. I always just
obeyed just because, but my experiences this transfer, mixed with General Conference, have really helped me to understand more the importance of being exactly obedient.

This Wednesday was an exciting one for me as we were able to go to Pearl Harbor for a service project. Let me tell you, that is the way to go to Pearl Harbor! We got to sweep the Missouri Ship and as we were sweeping we got to see all throughout the ship! It was used in both the 40's and the 80's and so different parts of the ship were set up for those time periods. You know how much I love that kind of stuff! It was so cool! After we were done they took us on a private tour into parts of the ship that say "Do Not Enter" As he pulled back the rope and we started down the stairs, somebody was watching us and our guide was like "you don't want to go down here, just the broilers, really boring stuff:)" He took us to the broiler room, the steering room, the communications room, the bunk rooms, the kitchen area (which
was ginormous!), and the computer room, yes, the 1940's computer room, where they fired the missiles. It was so amazing to see! I felt like I was in a movie or something but of course it was much more real than
that...
On chat this week we met this really cool guy from NY named Peter. He started out saying he was just curious and had a few questions. He said that he was Catholic but only went to church because of his mom. He said he wanted to have faith in Christ but he knew he didn't really have that and he didn't know where to start. We talked to him a while and then showed him a video, Here is the basic chat although I've taken some stuff out:) I was on exchanges this day so Courtney is Sister Millet:)


Courtney: What were some thoughts or feelings you had while watching the video?
Peter: That it would be nice to believe what some of the people in the video were saying.
Peter: That I wish I wasn't so skeptical
Peter: or
Peter: perhaps a different way of putting that last statement
Peter: that I wish I had an intellectual basis to build a spiritual connection on.
Peter: I don't know what it means that someone who lived thousands of years ago died for sins that I commit today.
Shayla: Do you have faith that these things are true?
Peter: No.
Peter: I think i am here because I want to
Peter: but to answer your question honestly, the answer is no.
Shayla: What is faith to you?
Peter: The ability to believe something with conviction in absence of tangible evidence or proof
Courtney: Can I share a scripture with you? It's from the Book of Mormon. It's talking about faith and I love it because it has helped me to understand more of faith.
Peter: Sure.
Courtney: 26 Now, as I said concerning faith that it was not a perfect knowledge even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.
27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a

The last few days have been interesting because the internet went out and we haven't been able to go online for our areas which is problematic. I guess it was good though because my companion wasn't feeling very good but she wouldn't have stopped on her own so she was able to get a bit of extra rest in. Speaking of Sister Mckeever, she could use some extra prayers. She has been through more trials than anyone I know of and she just got terrible news from home that I don't think she wants me to share, but please pray for her. She is so strong and tries to hold it all in but she is really having such a hard time. Thanks for all of your prayers. I feel them every day. I love being able to bear my testimony every day, but even better, I love these experiences that I am having that helps me to strengthen my testimony
and conversion like never before. This Gospel is true! It is real! It is here to help us change and become more Christ-like every day. The temple is real and so amazing! I love being able to share it with so many people. We have a new thing now where we are trying not to just tell people, "it's not open for public tours," but rather, "The temple is such a special place and we would like to share with you how you can prepare to enter:)" or something like that:).

I love you all so much! Thanks for everything! Thanks for raising us the way you did. Especially listening to Conference, with so many talks being about family and all, I am so grateful for the spirit that is in our home. I love you and pray for you always.

Les Quiero!
Hermana Rowley (Shayla)

PS. I just discovered that that recorder you sent has 67 hrs, not mins like I thought, but HRS. on it! So I think I will just be sending it home soon with out worrying about filling the space:) Hope you enjoy it:)


this was our hike up Laie Falls, officially the only hike I have ever hiked in Hawaii, 3X!

The one with sister Bonrostro is of the cricket that I made out of a leaf, yes, I am learning all kinds of talents here;)






Pearl Harbor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment