Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 28-Transfer 3



Aloha a Todos!
So news for this week...Transfers! We just found out today who everybody's new companions are going to be. My new comp. is Sister Bonrostro. Another Filipino! However she grew up in the city in California and is as white as they get:) She is so sweet though and i'm super excited to be her companion! I actually sent a pic to you with her. The one where she is holding the cricket that I made out of grass. I'll see if I can get some more:) She is another really short one:). I am still online. This should be my last transfer online since we always have one transfer being trained online and one training. So I guess in a way I'm training this transfer:) haha.
So this week has been such a busy week. Sister Mckeever knew that she was going to be going off-line so we have been spending tons of time cleaning out the online area book. For some reason there is a myth going around that the online sisters have more time so everyone tends to dump their investigators on us when they leave. This is so not true. I guess one good thing is that we are never devoid of people to teach. So something cool this week, while we were in the Visitor Center, this kid came in looking for a church building near his house. So as we were looking it up for Him we got to know him a little better and found out that he was not a member and had actually been close to being baptized years ago but joined the navy instead and now he was on medical leave from the Navy because of an accident that injured his back. We asked him if he had a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said yes, then if he had read it, and he said a little, then if he had prayed about it and he said no. So we talked a little more. I asked him if he wanted to know if the Book of Mormon was true and he said "undecided." So then he said thank you and began to make his getaway. On the way out he said, "I may or may not be back." Well a few hours later, after our shift was already over, Tony walked through the doors once again. This time Sister Bradley and Manoa talked to him. He told them right off, "So I guess I'm back. I just found out that my sister has a blood clot in her leg." They then sat him down and began to talk to him. Well long story short, Sister Bradley ended up inviting him to be baptized right there! She said that after she invited, he sat there in silence for like 3 min. and she felt like she couldn't talk even if she had wanted to. Finally he said, "yes." Then she said, "will you be baptized next Saturday?" and he sat there for a while, and then said, "yes." Yay! So this Saturday is the baptism of Tony! The cool thing is that ever since then we have been able to see him every day because he has been coming in every day to sit and read the Book of Mormon. He is now half way through the book and he has finally prayed about it and is excited for his baptism! So cool! 

Also this week we found out that the local missionaries FINALLY reached a few of our investigators and put them as progressing investigators now! One of them is that really awesome couple from Mexico who came on the tram tour and then was amazed at the spirit in the VC and the wife was crying on the way back. I am so excited for them!

Well I love you all and pray for you always! I hope everything goes well with Alexa and her surgeries. It's nice to know that we are on the right track. I can't believe Tyson is 6'2! Tell Taya HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She is so awesome! I wish I could have been there for the cake:) I just realized today that it is Mother's Day soon! It will be so good to hear your voices again! I love you all so much and am so grateful for all of your prayers and love! 

Les Quiero!
Hermana Rowley

So this picture is of my missionary "step-family" can you tell I was adopted:) Sister Bonrostro is the one in the brown sweater next to me:) She is my "niece":) 
PS Gmail is being very temperamental that's why this is late and not as long as it was originally and also, with this new transfer, my PDays are going to switch back to Tuesday! Love you all!



1 comment: